Monday, March 7, 2011

Running

So I know I have been slack with my blogging. However short story made even shorter. My computer broke and I to get it fixed. It is safely back in my arms. I missed it greatly. I started to write this post during my break from connection to the real world. I promise I will have more posts coming soon. However until then I wanted to relay my best two runs in my entire life. This means that Sydney has one over Wellington. That means the score is Wellington-1 Sydney-1. Close race.

The first one was Sunday afternoon. I was stressed with a lab report I hadn't started. I was stressed with trying to plan things at home. I was stressed with life. Needless to say, I couldn't focus. So I tied my shoes. Put on my favorite running tank top. Placed my ear phones in, stepped outside my hotel, pressed play, and just ran. The air was hot and humid, a welcoming feeling after living in Atlanta. There was a slight breeze. Sun was shining, but it had to fight through the clouds. Perfect running conditions. So I turned left and went. I found myself running through Hyde Park, past the most architecturally amazing hospital I have ever seen in my life, past an amazing public library, through the Botanical Gardens. My pace was fast, my breathing getting a little heavier than I'd like, and I was starting to tire. However, I pushed through getting lost in the paths. As I turned a corner, two amazing things happened. One the sky opened up and it began to pour. The most welcoming feeling in the world for a runner. Cures just about any pain. The second I stumbled across the Syndey Harbour with the Opera House front and center. Perfect. I stood against the wall looking across to the bridge, the house, the water and just thought. Most amazing stumble. Not to mention, my Ipod was playing the most amazing songs possible. That was my first good run.

My second is a little less adventuresome, however, no less amazing. I was again stressed. Clearly perfect run number one didn't help with that. So what does stressed annie do, she runs. So again tied my shoes, ear phones in, press play, go. This time I had a direction. Same run. Same playlist. Looking for the same feeling. I got a little better this time. It was much later, cooler, even better weather. Ran through the park, to the gardens, through the paths, to the Opera House. Same look out spot. No rain this time. It was ok though because I saw the most amazing sunset. I just sat and watched. Sky perfectly marbled. How can you not believe life is going to be at those moments? It just takes away ever fear, doubt, worry. Someone has to be watching out over you with moments like that. Then I ran back. I saw the city like I had never before. Bathed in pink. If you have ever run with a smile on your face you will know this feeling, but I laughed while running. I was grinning ear to ear. It was amazingly breathtaking, beautiful, and I could just run. I ended up doing a cartwheel in the part spontaneously because I couldn't believe I was that lucky. Perfect run number 2.

I cannot thank my parents enough for what they instilled in me. I love running, granted during highschool my dad would have laughed at that statement. However, these runs have defined my trips. You figure out a lot about yourself, the places around you, and you just learn to go. Also, I am lucky enough to be running through Sydney. I am an extremely lucky girl. Extremely.

No comments:

Post a Comment